Multimedia Journalist, Digital Media Researcher
M.A. Emerging Media Studies
Boston University, July 2022
Excellence in Communication scholarship,
Outstanding Contribution award,
Emerson College, May 2018
Minors: Photography, Global Studies
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Premiere, AP style, Audacity, audience development, BeReal, Buffer, Canva, Chartbeat, community moderation, content analysis, content ideation, copywriting, CrowdTangle, data analysis and visualization, experimental design, Facebook, fact-checking, Google Analytics, Google Drive, graphic design, Hootsuite, HTML/CSS, Instagram, interviewing, journalism, media criticism, media ethics, media theory, Microsoft Office, network analysis, online journalism, photography, Pinterest, project management, qualitative and quantitative data collection, Qualtrics, Reddit, reporting, R Studio, search engine optimization (SEO), Snapchat, SocialFlow, social media strategy, Sprout Social, SPSS, TikTok, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, UX research, video production, web design, YouTube
September 2021-July 2022
Hearst Connecticut Media Group
October 2019- August 2021
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Ink Global Media
September 2018- December 2018
The Boston Globe
The Berkeley Beacon
Digital Content Producer
• Shared relevant technology news via semi-weekly blogs for the Center for Mobile Communication Studies. Produced graphic cards and social copy for CMCS accounts.
• Managed the Emerging Media Studies brand across three social media platforms. Analyzed metrics consistently.
Social Media Producer
• Developed new social media strategy for 22 publications. Led trainings on best social media practices. Consistently analyzed metrics, with positive growth seen every month.
• Contributed to live event coverage, including a visit from First Lady Jill Biden.
Produced social-first graphics. Wrote articles based on online, viral moments.
• Supervised, guided, and trained two other producers
Digital Content Producer
• Reported original stories in digital-first formats, including produced video, Instagram stories, tweet threads, live video, and designed graphic cards. Brought newsroom- produced content to viral levels with strategized posts.
• Moderated a Facebook group of over 50K members.
• Launched the Where NOLA Eats brand’s Facebook page, reaching over 3K likes within the first month.
Editorial Assistant, Amtrak's The National
• Ran social media accounts, including establishing a brand new Instagram account.
• Fact-checked the entire December 2018/January 2019 issue. Reported briefs.
Editorial Assistant, Globe Magazine
• Worked with editors on story budgeting and editing. Reported briefs, fact-checked feature articles, and formated pieces for web publication. Assisted on photoshoots.
• Worked with the social media team on the brand accounts across four platforms.
Arts Editor, Lifestyle Reporter
• Spearheaded all arts and entertainment coverage at the award-winning student newspaper. Edited, reported articles weekly. Managed reporters. Designed print layout.
• Occasionally worked with the lifestyle section to report, edit, interview, and write.
“Learning through gaming: Examining the learning outcomes of EEK! game”
• Led team of eight graduate students in researching an educational video game for a client. Researched and utilized relevant media theory, like excitation-transfer theory.
• Designed experiment and recruited 40 participants. Collected and analyzed data. Presented results in an academic paper and at a conference.
“Pokemon trading card game enthusiasts gamble their jobs, money, time”
• Pitched, reported, and wrote original feature-length article.
• Photographed events. Researched culture. Interviewed community members.
Designed graphics and web layout.